- Rahul Dravid…he was the non-striker(“best seat” on any ground) when saurav n he made their debut in lord’s..saurav scored a brilliant 100 n he made 95…not geoff boycott…
- fellow called John Neucombe…
- FC Barcelona…
- Ralf Ratzenberger…died in qualifying in the same race weekend as senna…
- Madhusudan “Monty” Singh Panesar
- G-14 of football clubs…expanded in 2002 to include 4 more clubs….dissolved earlier this season…
In order to keep members and others up to date on any changes or new posts if any, a new link has been provided below the calendar under Blogroll, Just click on this and enter your email address and its done. This service is provided by Feedburner (recently bought by Google).
just a few questions to check if i can post directly on the website without being moderated…
- “On the offside first there is God, then there is Ganguly“–we’ve all heard this. Who coined it(Hint: He arguably had the best seat in the house on that fateful day)?
- X and Rod Laver are the only players to ever win both the US Open and Wimbledon men’s singles titles as an amateur and as a professional. X and Tony Roche are the most successful doubles pair in history, winning 12 Grand Slam titles. X is still active, being the captain of his country’s Davis Cup team.
- B was founded in 1899 by a group of Swiss, English, and Spanish men led by Joan Gamper. B ‘s motto More than a club as it has teams participating in the continental competitions in basketball, soccer, futsal, rink hockey and hanball. B has ametuer teams in ice hockey, athletics, baseball, cycling, field hockey, figure skating, and volleyball.
- “______ had been forgotten. So I went to his funeral because everyone went to Senna’s. I thought it was important that somebody went to his.”–FIA President Max Mosely on the ten-year anniversary of the fateful Imola GP of 1994. Fill in the blank.
- Madhusudan has played test cricket. He has his roots in Ludhiana in Punjab. The press fondly calls him the “Sikh of Tweak”, and is popular for his missed hi5s celebration at the fall of every wicket. How do we better know this fellow?
- Connect: Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool, Internazionale, Juventus, AC Milan, Olympique Marseille, Paris Saint Germain, Olimpique Lyon, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Bayer Leverkusen, Ajax Amsterdam, PSV Eindhoven, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Valencia, Porto
To non-sports quizzers, this quiz IS NOT arbit. Its the easiest sports quiz one can get, trust me. 🙂
1. In September 2004, H A left the VVD, of which he was a member since 1989, and formed the Groep A, whose party program states that it is committed to “freedom of the individual”. H A believes that his country has been held by elitists for a long time and that he wants to give it “back to the people”. H A wants to lower taxes, raise highway speed limits, cut most welfare programs, and minimize state regulations by making it mandatory to scrap two legal rules for every new one to be instated. He also wants to reintroduce the mandatory army service. On the crime issue, he has supported a three strikes law similar to that of the USA with mandatory life sentences after three separate acts of violent crime. H A is under constant security protection because of frequent threats to his life.
However, H A is best known for his controversial movie, Fitna. He has famously stated that he does not hate muslims, he hates Islam.
* a note on variables: in this question, the variable is used. H A are 2 variables used for the person’s first and last names. They most often do not stand for his initials, but may sometimes do so. Groep A (“of which he was a member since 1989, and formed the Groep A) again contains the variable A, so it is Groep <his last name>. If H A stood for Mohandas Gandhi (which it does not; this is just an example), Gandhi Bhavan would be A Bhavan.
2. Connect. Don’t go too much into the specific car models shown.
3. Originally formed as “Mookie Blaylock,” UV is a Seattle-based rock band formed in 1990, considered to be one of the most popular and influential groups of the 1990s. UV is one of Seattle’s “Big Four” grunge bands, and i’m not giving away the others. ID UV.
4. It is jimbil. ID the characters.
5. What is common? Be very specific.
Egypt: sardo, testouri.
India: chhena, paneer, khoa.
Japan: sakura, tenshi.
Denmark: danbo, danish blue, danish tilsit, saga, samsoe.
Italy: bergkäse, crescenza, stracchino.
Netherlands: edam, frisian, gouda, smoked gouda, leyden, spitse.
Switzerland: emmentaler, mutschli, tilsiter, formaggini
6. ID Saul Hudson, born in Hampstead to an English father and an African-American mother. He was given the nickname “\/” by family friend Seymour Cassel, according to whom Saul “was always in a hurry, zipping around from one thing to another.” I dare not put up a picture.
1. geert wilders
2. tata xenon
3. pearl jam
4. sweeney todd, the demon barber of fleet street
6. steve vai
I remember many cracking these on gtalk, but do not remember any names, sorry.
I have had complaints that the posts are being moderated and need the approval before being published.This problem has been fixed and all the new members of the blog have been assigned the post of author,i.e. you guys can write an article without it being submitted for review.i did not see it earlier as i was busy with the overall designing of the blog.sorry for the inconvenience.happy quizzing!
Let’s whet up an appetite with a short, simple quiz. No level only.
1. This band’s first four-track demo was entitled “Mental Aquaducts”. They are famous for their rap-style choruses and sing sympathy with teenage angst, with rebellious lyrics like “we don’t/don’t give a fuck and we won’t ever give a fuck until you give a fuck about me/and my generation”.
The current members of the band include vocalist FD (who is also a tattoo artist), bassist Sam Rivers, drummer John Otto (Rivers’ cousin), and Latvian turntablist/sampler player DJ Lethal. The band’s former guitarist is well known for his bizarre appearance, covering his entire face with makeup, and wearing completely black contact lenses. He now works with a band called Black Light Burns.
ID the band.
2. The * is round and has its name engraved into its top surface. The edges of the top surface are also engraved with an intricate design. * was created in 1874 to commemorate the marriage of the Grand Duchess Maria Alexandrovna of Russia to the Duke of Edinburgh. * is also a symbol of Spain’s economic recovery after the Spanish Civil War.
4. Moses in The Ten Commandments, Colonel George Taylor in Planet of the Apes, Judah Ben-Hur in Ben-Hur. What name is John Charles Carter, born in No Man’s Land, better known by? Clue: Died April 5th, 2008.
5. Nancy Shevell, Rosanna Arquette, Tanya Larrigan. Connect these 3 femmes with one of my favourite musicians.
1. Limp Bizkit
2. Marie biscuit
3. Aishwarya Rai or Manglik
4. Charlton Heston.
5. Paul McCartney. These are the ladies Palla is currently (yes, simultaneously) romancing.
4 kj, bhargava
5 nobody, but bhargava came close.
HI guys…this blog has been created exclusively for us.you can contribute fundae n put up your questions.we can also have discussions on topics that matter to us.feel free to comment and suggestions are welcome.you can either mail them to me or post them as a comment.this is certainly a new experience for many of us.hope you enjoy it…