Let’s whet up an appetite with a short, simple quiz. No level only.
1. This band’s first four-track demo was entitled “Mental Aquaducts”. They are famous for their rap-style choruses and sing sympathy with teenage angst, with rebellious lyrics like “we don’t/don’t give a fuck and we won’t ever give a fuck until you give a fuck about me/and my generation”.
The current members of the band include vocalist FD (who is also a tattoo artist), bassist Sam Rivers, drummer John Otto (Rivers’ cousin), and Latvian turntablist/sampler player DJ Lethal. The band’s former guitarist is well known for his bizarre appearance, covering his entire face with makeup, and wearing completely black contact lenses. He now works with a band called Black Light Burns.
ID the band.
2. The * is round and has its name engraved into its top surface. The edges of the top surface are also engraved with an intricate design. * was created in 1874 to commemorate the marriage of the Grand Duchess Maria Alexandrovna of Russia to the Duke of Edinburgh. * is also a symbol of Spain’s economic recovery after the Spanish Civil War.
4. Moses in The Ten Commandments, Colonel George Taylor in Planet of the Apes, Judah Ben-Hur in Ben-Hur. What name is John Charles Carter, born in No Man’s Land, better known by? Clue: Died April 5th, 2008.
5. Nancy Shevell, Rosanna Arquette, Tanya Larrigan. Connect these 3 femmes with one of my favourite musicians.
1. Limp Bizkit
2. Marie biscuit
3. Aishwarya Rai or Manglik
4. Charlton Heston.
5. Paul McCartney. These are the ladies Palla is currently (yes, simultaneously) romancing.
4 kj, bhargava
5 nobody, but bhargava came close.