Who’s idiosyncratic vocabulary? Plenty of clues.
- Children were referred to as epsilons (because in mathematics, particularly calculus, an arbitrarily small positive quantity is commonly denoted by the Greek letter (ε))
- Women were “bosses”
- Men were “slaves”
- People who stopped doing mathematics had “died”
- People who physically died had “left”
- Alcoholic drinks were “poison”
- Music was “noise”
- People who had married were “captured”
- People who had divorced were “liberated”
- To give a mathematical lecture was “to preach”
- To give an oral exam to a student was “to torture” him/her.
- This person also gave names to countries – USA was samland, Israel was isreal, Soviet Union was joedem – named after Stalin.